|The Volunteer Manager will:
- Keep current volunteers up to date through the following methods: weekly e-mail newsletter, minutes from monthly volunteer luncheons, name badges, project notice board, volunteer mailboxes, volunteer sign-in book.
- Create and track monthly volunteer luncheon sign-up and reminders.
- Track all volunteer hours on a monthly basis and associated award levels.
- Prepare monthly volunteer reports for the Executive Director and grants.
- Update database of current and active volunteers.
- Plan and update volunteer calendar.
- Onboard new volunteers by assisting and supporting their training (individuals) to ensure standards are met and receiving feedback.
- Lead monthly team leader meetings and report findings to Executive Director.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies, processes and policies that support the volunteer program.
- Register for and attend various volunteer events in the community to promote the organization and recruit volunteers.
- Coordinate and supervise group volunteer days.
- Plan annual volunteer appreciation luncheon and holiday celebration luncheon.
- Develop Helping Hands Volunteer program budget with Executive Director.
- Coordinate all in-kind donation drives and partner with appropriate staff for publication of these opportunities if needed.
- Maintain all online volunteer opportunity listings to include VolunteerMatch, various college sites, Volunteer Connection Center and the Hannah’s webpage.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for special events and fundraisers for the organization.
- Maintain active membership in MVAVA and represent Hannah’s Treasure Chest.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree plus 1 or more years experience managing a volunteer program including supervisory experience.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and business plans.
- Strong creativity; ability to utilize existing resources to generate new ideas, forms, methods and interpretations.
- High level of interpersonal and analytical skills; desire to work in a team environment.
- Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational skills, with attention to details.
- Superior written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people in social and professional situations; experiencing interacting and work with a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work evening, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Ability to supervise, develop and evaluate others.
- Strong computer skills and experience working with office software products. Experience with a volunteer management database and Constant Contact.
- Experience with financial management including budget, forecasting and reporting results.
- Experience and successful grant research and grant writing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to Detail . Carries out tasks and projects while maintaining accuracy from beginning to end. Thinks critically about the details of the task at hand.
- Flexibility . Ability to adjust priorities on the spot. Ability to work under pressure and manage stressful situations in a positive manner.
- Dedication to Mission . A genuine interest in finding ways to enrich the lives of children in need and support our network of partners and donors.
- Independence . Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration . Displays “all hands on deck” attitude, works well with director and volunteers and is responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude . Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the mission of the organization.
TO APPLY: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 references – NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Hannah’s Treasure Chest office is located at 124 Westpark Road, Centerville, OH, 45459. Hannah’s is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Relocation not provided.
Job Type: Part-time
- managing a volunteer program including supervisory experience: 1 year
Please review all job requirements before applying to Hannah’s Treasure Chest. Incomplete applications will not be considered.