Answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Do we provide the tree, or does HTC provide it? Hannah’s Treasure Chest does not provide trees.
- Do we have to USE a tree? A tree is an easy way to catch attention and gets the point of the program across quickly. However, you are welcome to hang the Angel tags on bulletin boards, large windows, reception desks, etc. Whatever works for your location is what you should do!
- What if I can’t find the listed gift? Please call our office immediately at 937-438-5039, and we’ll offer an alternative.
- I don’t want to shop – can I just make a monetary gift? Absolutely. Group members may use one of the donation envelopes, or anyone can donate online at http://bit.ly/Donate2HTC. Your gift will be used to fulfill unreturned or un-claimed Angel Tags and is a wonderful way to support the program.
- Could I just give a gift card for clothing? We prefer that you purchase the item that is requested. Please return your gift receipt in an envelope – we hold on to those in the office, in case an item must be exchanged.
- Do I have to wrap the gifts? No. Wrapped gifts save us time, however, we do have volunteers who will wrap items before they are delivered.
- I don’t have my angel tag. How should I label the gifts? A simple folding gift tag is fine. Please write the child’s number on the very back of the tag and leave the inside of the gift tag blank for the child’s family to fill in with their name.
- The gift is on back order, and I’ll miss the pickup deadline! Please call our office immediately at 937-438-5039 to let us know when you will be able to drop it off. This will give us time to substitute if we have to.